Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract Restructure
(03-15-2018, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dunlap, Geno, and MJ are all free agents after this year.

AJ is getting older Burfict is getting older.

I guess i am the only one who wants to win now.

Dalton and AJ are not going anywhere. By restructuring on those two their caps hits in the following years would pay them like the players they are. Upper mid teir QB and top notch WR. The salary cap has been steadily going up.

I understand the MJ argument but he isnt breaking the bank and after losing Chris smith and what is available at DE in the draft I would rather let him play out his final year.

Im sure after the eifert deal we will be talking about how we have no money to spend. But we still have some set aside for Atkinss/Dunlap.

Making some cap room by kicking the can down the road on players who are not going anywhere would allow us to add a couple more starters and open up the draft.

We have 11 picks. What was it like 4 or 5 of our drsft picks from last year didnt do jack. So all 11 this year wont make an impact.

Use the new money. Reinforce the roster with proven NFL talent. And then be aggressive in the draft with all the ammo we have.

Ignoring free agency so we can get comp picks isnt win now. It is for draft picks next year. Chances are a 5th and two 6ths wont be putting us over the top to a championship in 2019.

Restructure on two of your best players meaning we pay them more in the coming years and go get more talent now to help win NOW. Not next year. Not the year after. NOW!

If Dalton and AJ were for it, i am all for it Nati. I just don't see this happening.

Doesn't mean we cannot win now though. We can still bring in a WR or LB in in FA if we don't bring back anymore of our FA's.

Draft a Center and speedy cover LB early, a RT and we will be a tough team THIS year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Contract Restructure - NATI BENGALS - 03-15-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - Au165 - 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - pally - 03-15-2018, 06:16 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - NATI BENGALS - 03-15-2018, 06:46 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: Contract Restructure - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2018, 07:29 PM