Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches on it
(03-16-2018, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Because of Marvin's latest extension, he is under less pressure to win in 2018 than he was in 2017. Combined with an OC entering his first full season with a new OL coach.

And who is responsible the coaching changes or lack thereof?  The GM.

He is definitely responsible for bringing Marvin back so as you imply that decision alone keeps him on the hook.

I'd say that I am speaking more towards a shifting of responsibility more toward the Coaches as more and more weak roster spots get upgraded.

You are right that as GM, Mike should never be totally "off the hook", however, if more and more positive roster upgrades keep occurring, then it is more and more up to the coaching staff to succeed from there.

Marvin can't say that the GM didn't give him enough to work with if holes get filled and Marvin fails.

As you imply, fans could still ultimately blame Mike for bringing back Marvin but I am hoping that the roster holes get upgraded enough that Marvin himself has no excuses. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches... - depthchart - 03-16-2018, 05:38 PM