Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches on it
(03-16-2018, 07:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Last year they lost their two best offensive lineman during free agency while drafting two offensive skill players with injury and character concerns during the first two rounds. Their shiny new WR accumulated more surgeries than receptions and they still haven't fixed the line. (Cordy Glenn hasn't had a healthy season in two years and is coming off of foot surgery so hopefully that gamble pays off instead of being another Antonio Bryant.) So the GM still has a helluva lot more work to do before the coaches are more responsible than the GM.

Ross had no character concerns.

They have made changes to the OC, Offensive line coach (finally!), and have seen what Boling can do  as LT (very well, thank you) should Glenn have another injury (good to have a back up plan).  They have also seen what Westerman and Redmond can do (apparently, a lot better than Hopkins) and they have let Bodine go in favor of a draft pick and likely a very high selection.

I wouldn't say they are done, but they have done quite a bit to improve the offensive line.  They need the Center and a RT from the draft, but I like what they have at guard and Glenn at LT.  

I put a lot of this season's success at the feet of Lazor.  He at least moved Dalton from the sitting duck spot before he could change the blocking schematics right away, and that showed me he at least had some idea what the problems were with the offense.  He got the rushing attack going with his line scheme at the end of the year.  If he can get a healthy Eifert on the field with Ross to take the pressure off AJ, he just might have something to go with this re-tooled offensive line.  

And I have said it many times, when Dalton is kept clean, he picks teams apart.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches... - SHRacerX - 03-21-2018, 08:20 AM