Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess I'm a conspiracy theorist
League is maybe not fixed, but I think IT IS INFLUENCED by refs. There have been so many instances I can't remember them all.
Last year (or two years ago) Bengals playing Patriots. Patriots up by 14 and look like they're going to kill us. Bengals get some pity bad calls by refs to help us not get killed by a lot of points. Bengals make a comeback and it looks like Bengals have the momentum. Nope a few bad ref calls now the OTHER way. The league, for the most part, wants there to be close games so people stick around to watch the entire game. Higher ratings, commercials cost more, they make more. That Redskin game in England. Ya I think they wanted us to win by giving us so many calls, but we stunk so bad we ended in a TIE. These are just two examples of many I've seen.
Also, how the hell is this a touchdown by today's NFL standards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbz0o0spEgk
I guess half a hand on the ball against the leg with one foot down constitute possession.
I've seen the Raiders get screwed so many times.. vs the Chargers, the Broncos
Tuck Rule, isnt that intentional grounding if the ball doesn't get past the line of scrimmage? I guess the answer is there is a RB in the area. Geez.

I used to be upset by this, now I accept it and at least enjoy watching individual players play when I know the league doesn't seem to like us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I guess I'm a conspiracy theorist - jorev5 - 03-17-2018, 03:44 PM