Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft.
(03-18-2018, 09:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't get why we have to dump salary. Isn't Eifert making less on this contract than his 5th year option? Did Huber really get a big raise? We dumped Pacman and Bodine already. Doesn't that cover most of the contracts for Baker and Brown? Then you have the fact that the salary cap went up $10 million. Sure, we took on Glenn's contract, but I was under the impression we had enough under the cap to make a move like that. Especially with that cap increase.

This offseason, the Bengals have added Baker, Glenn, Brown, Eifert, and Huber.  Before those moves began, they estimated 18M available to spend.  So (3+11.5+10+8+2.8=33.3M)  33.3-18=15.3M to "make up" for in going over the originally planned budget.  Sure the money is technically available, but they spent the room for extensions and injury pool.  So, they will have some tough decisions to make, otherwise there won't be any saved money to use for extending Geno and Carlos.

Edit: I forgot to factor in the Adam Jones savings. So, 15.3-6=9.3M to "make up' for. Not as bad as I initially thought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft. - SunsetBengal - 03-18-2018, 09:48 PM