Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft.
(03-19-2018, 09:46 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we dump Kirkpatrick after signing him over Zeitler or Whitworth that would be the biggest admission of idiocy a front office has ever made regarding the re-signing of their players.

I think Mike Brown is too...something...for that. Stubborn?

I would say prideful, but Brown can't possibly be proud of anything he does with this organization.

I think the likely cuts are Michael Johnson and, maybe, if we're lucky, Brandon Lafell.

Rey is also a possibility, but he's relatively small hit compared to a few others currently on the roster. Plus, he's still a good reserve LB.

MJ is the most likely candidate. He'd free up $5 mill in cap if cut and the Bengals already drafted two DEs last year in prep to replace him. Plus, both Lawson and Willis played well.
LaFell just received a $1 mill roster bonus, but he would still free up $3 mill in cap. But unlike MJ, the WRs behind LaFell are less proven so there might be hesitation to cut. However, the other WRs do need a chance to see the field more to see what they can do and cutting LaFell would force that (even though the receiving game could end up being even worse without Lafell).
With Burfict facing suspension, I don't think it makes sense to cut VRey. He's not even counting $3 mill against the cap.

With just MJ and LaFell, $8 mill of the cap would be freed. I would think/hope that would be enough.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft. - ochocincos - 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM