Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hell cant we get linebacker right?
(03-26-2018, 04:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why do we never get LB right?  Why do we never get C right?  Why did we never get S right?  We did we never get TE right?

The answer is simple - we don't put resources into it.  We were terrible at TE until we drafted Gresham, Eifert etc.  We finally spent some high picks and some money on it.

We struggled at S until we traded for Nelson and managed to get lucky with Iloka.

The same holds true for C and LB.  When is the last time we spent a high pick on either (and I'm talking 1st or 2nd rounder?)  Sure, we got lucky with Burfict, but the rest have been pretty hit and miss.

Well in the end you have to coach these guys up cause the Draft is a crapshoot.

I don't remember when we had a good LB coach, Guenther never did anything decent with any of his players besides Burfict
and Burfict was special. Alexander was a terrible line coach and thought he could coach up Bodine into something special which
he never was. PA always needed polished players to work with and i think the same goes for Haslett.

I hope we have a start to the Draft like this, Rashaan Evans/Frank Ragnow or Billy Price/Leighton Vander Esche for these very
reasons. Pollack might be able to coach up a mid tier Center unlike PA but i don't want to take that gamble and he had Travis
Frederick to work with in Dallas. He needs to Draft his guy here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the hell cant we get linebacker right? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2018, 03:31 PM