Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hell cant we get linebacker right?
(03-28-2018, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mentioned it last week, but during the Owner meetings this week Lewis has said they plan to use Carl Lawson in the base more at LB. I alluded to it earlier that he can play SAM in the base package as well as DE in the nickle package. I think you'll see him occasionally line up at MLB too from time to time to add extra pressure up the middle. I really like the move, he doesn't have to be great in coverage just able to make it into the flat and sit in hook zones.

As a pass rusher Lawson can definately shed blocks, want to see him shed blocks and tackle the RB behind the LOS.

It will definately help this Defense tons if he can play SAM for real at times and not purely as a pass rusher.

(03-28-2018, 01:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Does Lawson's official move to LB in base D, take away our need for LB? Hope not (Lawson didn't look all that good in his limited time at LB due to injury). But definitely takes away a LB pick early in the draft.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/03/27/cincinnati-bengals-defensive-changes-feature-carl-lawson-corners-william-jackson-darqueze-dennard/461964002/

Maybe this is why Jim O has been saying we won't be interested in a LB until the mid rounds unless something crazy
happens and Edmunds falls to 21 or something.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the hell cant we get linebacker right? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2018, 01:13 PM