Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball 2018 Practice
(03-24-2018, 06:54 PM)kevin Wrote: Thanks Go Cards.  Just ended my first draft.  Team Name.  The Bat Holes.  

I drafted 8th, but still got Carrasco as Ace Pitcher and then Aaron Judge for outfield power bat.

Pitchers Carrasco, Gio Gonzalez, Wood, Arrieta, Lynn, Davies.

Starters Grandal-C, Zimmerman-1st, Cano-2nd, Andrus-SS, Lamb-3rd, Judge-OF, Ozuna-OF, McCutchen-OF, Encarnacion-DH/1st

Bench Gardner-OF, Lowrie-2nd, Anderson-ss, Castellanos-3rd

I didn't know I needed 2 relief pitchers in this league.  At end I got AJ Ramos and Lecterc who I have already put in waiver trades on them to try to get F/A  Viscaino and Familia, which would help my late draft discovery I needed 2 relievers and I couldn't find who I wanted in short draft time.

Drafting near last, I'm happy getting Carrasco and Judge.  I grabbed Gonzalez and Wood before they flew off the boards.  Then thought Ozuna and McCutchen not bad in OF either.

Of course, you never end up with team you draft.  As season goes, I'll be watching who gets hot.  Each season brings surprise stars and the trick is getting them before they get got.

Sounds like your plan worked as you devised.

Actually like drafting towards bottom because always feel there are about 12-15 no brainers out there and want 2 of them. 

Good luck and have fun
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fantasy Baseball 2018 Practice - kevin - 03-24-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: Fantasy Baseball 2018 Practice - kevin - 03-24-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: Fantasy Baseball 2018 Practice - Go Cards - 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM