Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon On ESPN List Of Rookies Ready To Break Out In Year 2!
(04-04-2018, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In terms of raw power, I think Crosby is one of the most powerful run blocking tackles in the class (if not the most powerful), but his pass blocking needs work.  I have faith that Pollack can coach him up, but he still scares me just because we've drafted so many guys that we've said things like that about and they just end up being busts.  Granted that we've never had the coaches like Pollack to polish him, but I've been Bengalized.  The competition with him and Fisher could also bring about some better play from both raising their games.

Gio's just the change of pace that we need, even though Mixon can catch out of the backfield and do a lot of different things.  Gio just adds a new wrinkle that defenses have to adjust to and account for in a different way, which is good considering that he can be called into a game on any play and the defense would have to adapt in the blink of an eye.

Ragnow might be solid, but that high ankle sprain scares me.

The thing with Crosby is he is kind of the opposite of Orlando Brown. Brown is a good pass blocker all be it he didn't need
to pass block as much as most OT's, but Brown is not the best run blocker. I think Crosby has that physicalness and nasty
approach to his game that matches more of what Pollack has been talking about. I think he can coach up Crosby in pass
blocking no problem, but you just cannot coach smart and nasty and that is Crosby.

Ragnow just had a very good Pro Day on that ankle, he is ready to go now, way more so than Price. Ragnow would be
completely ready to go for our OTA's. Price won't be ready to go till Training Camp and Ragnow has much longer arms
and played in the SEC. Ragnow is my favorite Center in this class for sure now.

(04-05-2018, 01:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hate to be a broken record, but all Mixon did was average 5.1 YPC in 6 games after the blocking scheme was switched up.

Better blocking scheme + improved o-line talent = plenty will be eating crow this year.

That is the thing, that was even with Og and Bodine on the line. How much better will we be this year with Glenn, a new
Center, Pollack coaching up the O-line and Lazor having an entire Offseason to implement his scheme and playbook?

Sure gives me optimism in spades.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon On ESPN List Of Rookies Ready To Break Out In Year 2! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM