Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-07-2018, 02:17 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I never said every qb, I said the elite qb's will hit an open receiver in stride at a much higher rate.  I never once said ALL the qb's in the league. 

You're just naming a slot receiver and a TE who aren't deep threats. The fact is, the only time Brady had a deep threat comparable to AJ was in 07 when he put up 50 td's and had only 8 ints. Moss had 23 TD's that year!! Has Green come close to that many TD's?  No he hasn't, because Dalton can't him him stride on the deep balls like Brady hit Moss in stride.

Since when were Wes Walker or Ben Watson a deep threat like Randy Moss. Name any other time Brady had a DEEP THREAT comparable to AJ Green. You can't because that is the only time he has had a wide receiver as good as AJ as a deep threat. 

Green is wide open many times and he misses him by miles, if it was Brady throwing the ball he would hit him in stride much more often.

Dalton had a good offensive line too, so what point are you making. He had Whitworth protecting his blind side, Boling at LG, Cook at C, Zeitler at RG and a productive Smith at RT.  You could argue, that most of our offensive line was playing at a pro bowl level for a few years. The fact that the Patriots offensive lineman made those pro bowls, and ours didn't, is more an indictment against the bengals than them not being pro bowl players. Whitworth should have made 7 pro bowls and was snubbed many times by big market teams left tackles.

Like I said, the fact Dalton puts up average numbers on deep balls is because of AJ Green, not because he's good at throwing deep balls. Green has averaged 8 TD's a year and has never come close to 23 Td's moss put up that one year.

Just because a deep ball is completed doesn't mean it was a good throw. If Green gets 10 yards of separation, and Dalton shanks a ball short forcing him to have to come back to the ball, out jump 3 defensive backs, doesn't mean Dalton hit him in stride with the pass.  TD's are an indicator that a QB hit the wide receiver in stride, because instead of that ball being a 30 yard completion at the say the 25 yard line, its a TD.  AJ should be averaging far more than 8 TD's a year and Dalton's inability to hit him in stride on the deep balls is why it's not a lot more than that.

And the stats prove this huh ? That's why Brady has so much better deep ball numbers... oh wait  Ninja

This applies to all QB's right...... oh wait  Ninja

Bro you can't pick and choose when facts apply and when they don't. You're supporting your points with nothing but opinion !

I'm curious though how many times a game does AJ get 10 yards of separation ? I'd like to see this tape. 

I can also assure you Brady, Rodgers, whoever you want to name have a bunch of less than perfect, in stride deep completions. Sure they show them on the highlight films. But Dalton has in stride throws as well.

You just choose to ignore them.

The stats don't lie, despite how much you try and spin them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - bengalfan74 - 04-07-2018, 08:54 PM