Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-08-2018, 01:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The joke is trying to twist it as if I were saying Dalton = Brady as a QB. I know how this works though. If I bring up the best QB's to show that Dalton is hanging with them in the deep ball department, you claim it's ridiculous to compare Dalton to Brady/Ben/Rodgers, etc. But if I bring up some average or trash QB's for comparison, you'd say that Dalton should be better than those guys. Kinda silly, don't ya think? 

Btw, Dalton completed 9 passes exceeding 30+ yards to WR's and TE's not named AJ Green in 2016. This included:

86 yarder to Brandon LaFell
71 yarder to Tyler Eifert
54 yarder to CJ Uzomah
50 yarder to Cody Core
49 yarder to Brandon LaFell
44 yarder to Brandon LaFell
31 yarder to Cody Core
30 yarder to Tyler Boyd

Your showing 8 throws to Bengals players who are not AJ Green, this means he caught 11, which is 58%. Also, for that year, how many TD's were to Green and how many were to the other players? That's a small sample size, and his career stats would be a better measurement.

What would prove how much Green helps Dalton on the deep balls is what Daltons ratings are when he targets AJ Green, and what his ratings are when he targets other Bengals players.

If for example, Dalton has a 120 QB rating on deep throws targeting AJ for his career, then we know AJ has a hugely positive influence on Daltons deep ball ratings. This would indicate that for Bengals players not named AJ Green, his ratings would plummet on deep throws.  

One thing these stats don't show is how many bad balls were caught and how many good balls were dropped. It also doesn't show how many times receivers were open and Dalton decided to check it down to a bengals players instead. If a QB only throws a deep ball under optimum conditions, and takes fewer shots down the field, then his numbers will be higher simply because he picks his spots better than someone who throws the ball down the field a lot.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-08-2018, 02:12 AM