Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-08-2018, 11:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Ok, so, to recap...

You didn't click any of my MANY links and read the info supporting my points (SO, ZERO EFFORT TO LEARN OR CONSIDER ANYONE ELSE'S IDEAS).... and then provided absolutely ZERO links supporting yours? I provided multiple sources and different breakdowns with many types of data and you have.... ESPN split stats? There's so much more data than that. If you would have read it you wouldn't have the opinion you do. To simplify the game of professional football into very basic stats is wrong. To simplify one player's multi year career by one stat line or season comparison is wrong. That's Paltering, which is why I linked the definition to it.

I get why fans of a player or team would do it, I really do, but until you're willing to at least listen or give consideration to the people you're engaged in conversation with, I can't respect or take your (IMO, willfully uninformed) opinion with anything other than a "fanboy" grain of salt. I go through a lot of effort to provide links and read through information before posting opinions. For you to respond without even reading them makes it tough to have meaningful back and forth interaction. You're a Bengals fan and I'm interested in your perspective and why you have it, which is why I'm on the forums. With honesty, I read links others provide (when they rarely do) just so I can understand where they're coming from and possibly continue to form my own opinion with a new take.

I get why you wouldn't want to do that same. Defending a player or fan favorite is common in sports - especially if, like Andy, they're an A++ person. But, if you're going to be in a discussion about a specific subject, it would be great if you at least checked out what your fellow fans are basing their opinions on if they provide links, etc.

Ok, so a recap back atcha.

1. You shrug at the Cincy Jungle article posted by OP (bengalfan74) because it doesn't suit your narrative.

2. You substitute a 3 year old PFO article - and maybe I'm looking at it wrong? - but it looks like Dalton graded 16th on throws of 31-40 yards and 5th on throws of 40+ yards in 2014 (the year referenced). 

3. Your other link provides no category that would be clearly relevant to a discussion about deep passing.

4. You complain about me disrespecting you by not clicking your link, then go on to disrespect me by throwing out the "fanboy" garbage and mocking the stats I present. Mock the base stats all you want, I'll just say this. There's a reason people use them the most. 99 times out of 100, they give you a good idea of what's really going on, on the field. 

If Peyton Manning has 55 TDs and a 115 passer rating, it's a safe bet he looked pretty good on the field as well. If Dalton has a 101.7 rating on deep balls with more than double the TDs of Tom Brady, he's probably doing pretty well there in real life. The funny part is, a second ago you were just fine with the base stats, you just thought I was attempting to deceive by also using the 21-30 yard category. Now that you find out I wasn't, and that Dalton has actually been better from 31+, suddenly base stats are garbage and you're scrambling to shift what you meant when you said I was "paltering". 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - Shake n Blake - 04-08-2018, 02:29 PM