Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era
(04-05-2018, 11:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For the same reasons I am hesitant about him in the first round before this chart made it on the board.

He's an average athlete, coming off an injury, mediocre footwork, relatively average in just about every metric relative to other prospect's projectable value.

Walterfootball ranks the Centers based on each skill of a Center here:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018positionreviewC.php

Ragnow is in the middle of the pack in just about every category.

Why do you think he is worth a 1st round pick, other than college production?

Quote:Ragnow set personal bests in the vertical jump (33.5 inches) and broad jump (9 feet, 7 inches), which would have ranked second among offensive linemen at the combine. His 40-yard dash time of 4.98 would have been fifth, while his 27 bench press reps would have tied for eighth.

The only number he was disappointed in was his bench press because he had been doing much better than that during his training.
“I’ve done 36, so I kind of choked there,” Ragnow said.
As for the bench number, Ragnow put up 26 at the Combine, which was second-best for C's (behind only Brian Allen). Putting up 27 at his Pro Day tied Brian Allen.
https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Pro-Day-Report-Arkansas-Razorbacks-center-Frank-Ragnow-safety-Josh-Liddell-shine-116718349

So based on that, I disagree that Ragnow is an average athlete.

As for his performance on the field, he's the most well-rounded in terms of both pass and run protection compared to Daniels and Price. He has a good anchor and good size/length. He has good tape too from what I've watched.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era - ochocincos - 04-05-2018, 12:48 PM