Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018...
(04-11-2018, 11:10 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Was going to make eat his comment but you beat me to it. I couldn’t agree more. Last five years three total Centers have been drafted in 1st and 2nd rounds. There maybe three taken this year in first two rounds but I’m dairly confident we’d get one of them (Frank, Daniels or Price) by Bengals 2nd pick. This would allow us to get a stud defender in 1st rd.

I just think if we traded back got Ragnow and another pick we would be better off cause after that everything is about BPA.

Our need would be filled.

(04-13-2018, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can already feel that sickness that will be in my gut waiting to get a center until Rd 2.  That is going to be a looooong round.  They absolutely must nail the center position.  With apologies to TJ Johnson, it is a massive hole in the middle of our line.  If you get Price or Ragnow, I think Dalton has his hands under his sack for a decade and is very pleased.  

An interesting discussion is "which do you take in Rd 2 if both are there?".  

I am torn.  I look at Ragnow as the solid choice.  Reliable.  Durable.  Tough.  Long.  Proven.

I look at Price as many of the same qualities, but absolutely love his leadership and attitude.  With our offensive line since Whit's departure, I think those are very important qualitites.  

I guess my vote would be Price, and yes, a small part of that is that he is a former buckeye.  Not so much for ticket sales, but I would love to have more than about 5 people on the Bengal Bandwagon around here and buckeye fans do like to support their guys in the pros.  

I sure wouldn't be disappointed with Ragnow, though.  I think either one of them will make our team 100% better for years to come.  

One other point about Rashaan and being our SAM backer:  Do you think it is wise to select a guy that would be off the field for 66% (at least) of our defensive snaps?  We play in nickel more than two-thirds of the time.  I look at LVE as a guy that could play nickel with Burfict, and develop behind Brown...still puzzled why he only was signed for one season.  

I can't help but think if the Bengals DON'T slide in Rd 1, they might get a pretty highly ranked safety.  

If both Ragnow and Price are there i take Ragnow everytime. Nothing against Price, he is a great run blocker and might
have more upside, but Ragnow is more experienced at Center, is healthy, played in the SEC and was coached by the same
coach that coached Travis Frederick.

Cannot say it enough that that same coach said Ragnow is the best he ever coached.

Better pass protector than Price, never gave up a sack in his college career!

(04-13-2018, 12:40 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Love those first two picks but obviously like in my mock I did I would flip them. I would like to see Evans even make it to #21 but even he does and we pass on him then he doesn't get past the Steelers. They need linebackers and he is a complete stud. I also still think Ragnow is picked 3rd out of the 3 Centers. I like them all and actually prefer Price and Ragnow for the Bengals due to their styles but Daniels is going to likely go first in my opinion because a lot of teams will love his athleticism at the position. I could easily see one of or both of Price or Ragnow being available in the 2nd round. What would make me nervous is Daniels goes to someone in the 1st in the early to mid 20's besides the Bengals, then the Vikings snag up Price, and now you are sitting there almost having to come back up in a trade to land Ragnow at that point. Will be the biggest thing I am watching for on draft day is how early the first Center is taken. Good mock though buddy and really love the entire draft.

Cool man, thanks. I think the Steelers take Vander Esch over Rashaan which is why he might fall, that with his poor
Pro Day and the fact he is not a great cover Linebacker. Also believe that Price might be there in the 2nd, but i think
Ragnow will not. Daniels is not on my list honestly, he just doesn't have the core strength we need in our run first O.

A pass first Offense will take Daniels though and he will probably be the first Center taken i agree.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-11-2018, 09:00 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-13-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - TKUHL - 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM