Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If You Were Browns Owner / GM In Draft ?
I'll tell you what I would do. Browns every year draft QB early, every single year, and every single year they stink. I would take a years break from drafting QB early. I would address other needs. Just lost LT. Not enough blocking. Not enough talent at WR, RB, Defense. I would not want picks at 1 and 4. I would trade one of them down for 2 or 3 picks later. I would want as many picks as an expansion team considering 0-16 season. I'm not saying as owner/GM I don't need a QB, but taking over I see way too many drafts taking QB. This leaves me with too many holes all over the field. Since drafting QB has not been the answer, I try to rebuild entire team. I think I can draft a QB later in draft but I also think I can get a veteran looking for a job plus a QB already on team. That if I build this team up, I can find a QB to get me 6 to 8 wins, which would be a huge jump from 0-16. I would be building for 4 years down the road for Super Bowl with this mistake on the lake. I take QB completely off table first 3 or 4 rounds and stop the insanity of this team drafting QB each and every year. The fans will start to get it when they see much needed talent at other positions take the field, and team starts looking good for first time since 1980's. As Paul Brown in 1968, I tell fans it will take a few seasons to build this thing up from 0 wins. Eventually I would want a top QB and a top RB. You can't win off Lake Erie without a great RB. Motley, Brown, Kelly, Pruitt. Every year the media says Browns need to draft QB, but as new owner/GM, I would not be listening to the media at all.

In the end, Browns WILL draft a QB early, AGAIN, and lose AGAIN. As A Bengals Fan, I hope they listen to the media. I would like to see Browns, Steelers and Ravens all have off years so Bengals can dominate AFC North. The fact is Steelers and Ravens bring a lot of defense and will be tough. 0-16 Browns helped Bengy's to 7 win season, not 5 win season. The day will come Browns stop drafting QB every year and get tough again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If You Were Browns Owner / GM In Draft ? - kevin - 04-08-2018, 02:21 AM