Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue's glad Andy is waving off play calls
(08-19-2015, 08:37 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That's how a lot of us are, but everyone has at least a little bit of bias for different guys it seems.

Nearly everything Dalton does on the field DOES get blamed on others by certain people (unless it's a good play). If he throws a duck that Sanu happens to haul in, you don't hear a thing from the Andy defenders. If he throws a duck and Sanu can't pull it down, then the excuses fly. Same goes for the other side of things. If a ball hits A.J. in the hands and he just flat out drops it, you'll still see a couple guys give a "GOOD JOB ANDY YOU SUCK!".

Both sides are full of dopey individuals, but depending on who you argue with more will decide whether they call you a "homer" or "hater". I strongly encourage you to join the dark side of the force though, it's much more entertaining. If you argue with Utts and company, all they'll give you is a "Haha, Andy sucks you nerd" and there isn't much excitement there. The guys that obsess over Andy are a lot more fun and they'll spend hours spinning your head off with excuses, and quite frankly, it's hilarious to watch how much they're in love with the guy.

Spot on. 99% of people on here view Dalton as an average-ish QB. The line is drawn between people who take a positive or negative slant towards his average-ness. Personally, I think an average QB is good enough and I think our playoff issues are caused by the Head Coach. I think any QB would struggle in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. I don't have any delusions about Dalton though. I know he's been average in regular season and terrible in the playoffs.

Most people are pretty reasonable about it. It just seems like the extreme viewpoints (positive or negative) tend to drive the conversations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue's glad Andy is waving off play calls - Shake n Blake - 08-19-2015, 04:58 PM