Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O's Latest Walkthrough
Jim Owczarski EDT August 18, 2015

Today we wonder if Paul Guenther is as creative as Hue Jackson when it comes to his personnel, Beyond the Stripes returns this week for a special preseason show featuring AJ McCarron and I put a challenge to Raekwon of the Wu-Tang Clan.

This is the time of year where coaches (and fans) are looking for the next hidden gem, the guy who no one expects to set the football world on fire to strike a match in training camp and the preseason.

Perhaps that player is Chris Carter.

We've been writing and tweeting about him here and there, noticing No. 49 with his hand in the dirt and pass rushing around big Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith. And there he was on Friday, earning first-team reps on the defensive line.

"I knew going into the game that that was going to be the situation, we had kind of been working at it all week and the week prior to that, too," Carter said."They said it was a position that I earned so I went out there to try to show some things. It's exciting to be able to get out there with all the first team guys and for everything to run smoothly, for us just to be cohesive out there and work as a unit and get off the field quickly every time."

It's somewhat surprising, considering that he was signed at the end of last season to help out with an injury-depleted linebacking corps.

But maybe it shouldn't be.

This is why the Steelers drafted him in the fifth round out of Fresno State in 2011.

Full article Good read from Jim, and once again, he gives the board some link love. Thanks Jim!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - Bengalholic - 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - Stewy - 08-19-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - fredtoast - 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - SHRacerX - 08-21-2015, 08:21 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - fredtoast - 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM