Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success of "fastest" WRs since '00
(04-16-2018, 08:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You are correct, Ross doesn't have to be our #1 WR.

But, being the 9th overall pick, can't we at least expect him to beat out Boyd, Malone or Erickson for some playing time as the #5 WR?

Before we start talking about him being a #1 or #2 or even a #3 WR on the team doesn't he need to out play someone first? Maybe one and all are forgetting that even when healthy he barely earned being active. He played in 3 games, but was a healthy inactive for at least that many other games. People will see that he played in 3 games and think he was injured for 13 games. But that's not the case at all. he didn't get in done in practice sufficiently for Marv to put him on the active roster, so the team just left him at home.

A starting WR who knows the system missing camp (non contact entire camp) is bad for them. A rookie who missed rookie camp and no contact camp is a disaster. Why? If he can't compete in anything contact, he misses 50% of his reps and gets zero against live contact?

I understand he has to prove it, but I say give him a shot versus bashing him for 2017. I think a healthy John Ross in a new offense could be very exciting for the team. The old saying you can't teach speed applies, Ross is in rare company with his speed and his ability to run routes already. I believe TJ's work will also pay off for Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Success of "fastest" WRs since '00 - Luvnit2 - 04-18-2018, 09:33 AM