Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with the Reds?
(04-22-2018, 10:55 PM)samhain Wrote: Ownership has a hell of a lot to answer for.  Payroll has been slashed and slashed.  A new GM was hired from the finance side of things with practically zero baseball acumen.  This is playing out exactly like it's supposed to when you have a cheap ass ownership group spending as little as possible and a GM that sucks at baseball operations.  

I'm no Bryan Price apologist, but his firing was kind of a joke.  I fault him for not bringing along young pitching, but perhaps the young pitching sucked to begin with.  Maybe the farm system sucks at developing pitchers before they get to Price.  His firing was a gesture to angry fans, and I'm pretty sure that they aren't dumb enough to think it was the answer.  Price was handed a 68 win team minus a really good SS, plus two average relievers and expected to do something with it, lol.  

Dick Williams needs to lose his job and be replaced with a real baseball GM.  Castellini needs to change the team's strategy for acquiring talent.  He's made a shitload of money on his investment since buying the team.  There's no excuse not to increase payroll.  Sell the damn team if you don't want to win.  Fans were relatively understanding about the rebuild process for a few years, but sentiment is turning in a big way.  This franchise will enter a real dark age if something drastic isn't done soon.

reds don't pull in near the money some other clubs do
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - samhain - 04-22-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - samhain - 04-22-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - XenoMorph - 04-24-2018, 04:33 PM
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - WildCat - 05-31-2018, 03:37 AM
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - CJD - 04-23-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: What is wrong with the Reds? - WildCat - 05-31-2018, 03:32 AM