Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernandez or Wynn in Round One and Why
Here is the thing. This is the draft year of the over rated quarterbacks. There are no Peyton Mannings or Andrew Lucks but there could be as many as 6 quarterbacks taken in Round One. Don't be surprised If Pittsburg and New England go quarterback with Big Ben and Brady getting pretty old. There will also be WR's drafted and RB's. A lot of Defense. A TE. Guards and Tackles on O Line before our second pick in the draft. There is a chance a team does take a center. A slim chance 2 teams take a center. Almost no chance all these 3 centers are gone before our pick in 2. I mean, there are only so many picks before our pick in 2 and few teams are looking for top pick center as we are.

Most mock drafts have these centers still on the board in 2. CBS, Fox, AP, ESPN. If you look at all the QBs, WR's, RB's, DE's, DT's, ILB, OLB, CB, SS, FS, LT, RT, G, TE that will go in One and start of Two, it's hard to imagine 3 top centers gone that early in 2 It's not like we are drafting at the end of 2.

I can see them going center in One, but I've heard Bengals say it may or may not be round One. Bengals have looked at Daniels, Ragnow, Price a few times each and I don't know if one stands out to them. I think any of them will be an upgrade and I'll add Michigan State Center Brian Allen is good also and we could add Shelton of Washington and Bozeman of Alabama.

I can see taking center first as long as Bengals have decided he is the best and don't want to lose him. Now if these 6 centers mentioned don't stand out above each other to Bengals, why not round 2. To those saying we don't need a guard, yes we do. This O Line STINKS. Hernandez or Wynn would quickly be best guard on the team. Ahead of Bolling and way ahead of these others Bengal Fans talk about. We actually may be more solid at RT than RG. I don't think fans understand how powerful we get if we add earth movers like a Hernandez or Wynn at RG and in 2 add an earth mover center such as Ragnow, Price or Daniels to go with Glenn and Boling. The worst O line in NFL gets pretty good. I'll repeat that. The worst O Line in NFL would get pretty good. So if we take center first because they really want a certain one, THAT I CAN SEE, but don't say we don't need a guard. This awful O Line needs Center and the best blocker they can get be it a guard or tackle. We have players that can put on a uniform such as Westerman, but to say we can't get players better is out there. This is the worst O Line in NFL people, and it needs a major upgrade.

The word is Daniels on a lot of mock drafts by media. If Bengals have made up their mind on him, that is fine, we need a center. Some mock drafts do have Bengals taking Hernandez and team sure has looked at him enough. Bengals have looked at Ragnow and Price a lot. I'm hoping 2 Blockers early with one a Center. Don't say we can't use 2 top pick blockers on this sorry excuse for an O Line, because we do. Yes. I'll insult this awful line, but if we get top blockers I'll be ready for play-offs because we will have earth moving blockers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hernandez or Wynn in Round One and Why - kevin - 04-24-2018, 02:29 PM