Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones: "I would have $100 million right now"
Adam Jones thinks he’d have $100 million but for his suspension
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2015, 7:46 AM EDT

In many respects, it’s amazing that Bengals cornerback Adam Jones remains in the NFL a full decade after the artist formerly known as Pacman arrived amid a flurry of off-field entanglements that culminated in a one-year suspension after only two NFL seasons.

Jones, who soon will turn 32 in a sport that consistently turns toward younger players, believes that if he hadn’t gotten into trouble he’d have a lot more money in the bank.

“If I would have never gotten suspended, I would have $100 million right now,” Jones said, via Coley Harvey of ESPN.com.

The subject came up after reporters were posing questions about Jones’ football career if he’d only be a kick and punt returner instead of a defensive back, too.

“Ifa, woulda, coulda,” Jones said.

Of course ifa/woulda/could Jones had $100 million, he’d still owe more than $12 million of it to the guy who was shot in Las Vegas during an incident that Jones allegedly instigated. Unless his ifa/woulda/coulda applies not just to the suspension but to the specific behaviors that contributed to it.

Since then, Jones has matured considerably, becoming a key contributor to a Bengals team that has been to the postseason in four of his five seasons in Cincinnati. It’s an impressive story of redemption for a player who eight years ago seemed destined to be long gone from the NFL by the end of that decade.

Instead, he’s made it halfway into the next one, and he’s still going strong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/adam-jones-thinks-hed-have-100-million-but-for-his-suspension/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Adam Jones: "I would have $100 million right now" - Bengalholic - 08-20-2015, 11:50 AM