Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
LT Cordy Glenn, LG Clint Boling and now Center Billy Price have me feeling confident about 3/5 of our O-line.

I don't feel nearly as confident about the other 2/5 (RG and RT)

I would like a minimum of 1 offensive lineman taken tonight with the total of 3 picks we have in rounds 2 & 3 and may be inclined to take two tonight should I think they could finish off an O-line overhaul.

Jake Fisher coming off heart issues that could resurface or it may take him time to fully regain strength from his heart issues. Coupled with him not performing in a bonafide way coupled with Bobby Hart waiting to take the right tackle reigns if Fisher falters. This has me concerned. It definitely makes the right tackle position appear unsettled, as it was last season, & not as bonafide as the LT, LG and C positions. This could prevent us having an Elite O-line.

Penciling in say Christian Westerman at right guard or having one of our current right guard contenders win the job is also unsettling to me. Not as bonafide as the LT, LG and C positions. This could prevent us having an Elite O-line.

I'd say that I want either a highly regarded Guard prospect to be taken tonight or a highly regarded right tackle prospect be taken or possibly both in order to take a strong shot at obtaining a top 10 or better O-line fairly quickly.

I want to feel stoked about 5 of the 5 starters or at the very least 4 of the 5 with the addition of the 4th guy opening the door for another guy currently on the team to compete for that 5th spot. (Example, getting a solid right tackle tonight could allow Fisher to compete at Guard meaning we only take one O-lineman tonight)

With all that said I lean towards two more O-lineman being taken tonight RT & G but will settle for only 1 being taken and be disappointed if it is zero.

I'd say my greatest concern is at right tackle and we have options like  - Connor Williams or Orlando Brown maybe others

Dream scenario would be Will Hernandez (Guard) somehow slips to pick 46 or we make a 5 or 6 pick trade up for him and then get say Orlando Brown in round 3. This scenario uses 2 of our 3 picks tonight but I would love it.

Or we just use 1 of the 3 picks for a solid O-lineman.

Using 2 of the 3 picks tonight on O-lineman may not be a popular move with many but I would go for it under the right circumstances.

If not, then use 1 of the 3 on the right O-line guy tonight.  Using Zero picks tonight on O-line will have me unsettled about the line.

I want an Elite level line pursued and not just hoped for.

Only confident in 3/5 of it so far.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line - depthchart - 04-27-2018, 03:21 PM