Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
(05-01-2018, 12:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: The bitching comes in response to bitching from others that don't see a need to add more young competitive talent to the right side of the line until it becomes sure and settled.

They state their case and I state mine. Starts off fairly civil but both sides escalate the bitching.

A Trade Off is going made with any direction taken regarding what positions are chosen.

The Bengals have chosen to feel confident in what they have and I hope it works out.

As you say, there will be Post Draft options and the Bengals likely have Eric Winston on speed dial which is a decent emergency option.

I get both sides of the issue.  However, the reality is that the Bengals invested high draft picks in Og and Fisher, and neither has developed the way they hypothetically should have.  The Bengals were so unhappy with their progress that they canned PA and hired Pollack.  That seems to indicate that they felt the issue was with the coaching and not the players.

Reality is, the entire OL is a huge question mark.  There is no guarantee that Bolling plays as well in Pollack's system as he did in PA's.  There's no guarantee Price won't be a complete bust.  There's no guarantee Glenn will play to his previous form in new surroundings and with a new system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or bett... - Whatever - 05-01-2018, 12:46 PM