Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grading Draft By AFC North Teams.
Pittsburg always has good drafts and theirs looks good again, plus they are a good team anyway.

Ravens have a good team and I think it was Ozzie Newsome's last draft. They look like they had a good draft.

Bengals won 7 games after awful 0-2 start. Bengals needed blockers and tacklers and that's what they got in free agency and draft. Bengals had a good draft.

Browns have won 1 game in 2 years. With all their top picks, I think they blew it. They could have walked away with a Jim Brown or Leroy Kelly in Saquan Barkley and also Bradley Chubb at DE, but they got neither. Oh, they took QB as they do every year ever since expansion new Browns took Tim Couch. It's not a bad draft but when you have these picks at top, you take the top. Browns who need help everywhere kind of blew it. They didn't really get the top players in the draft. The CB is top notch, but it's not a good draft. Again, 1 win in last 2 years. 0-16 last year. Are the Browns back on top in the AFC North ? No Way, not with this typical Browns draft. Again they passed up great players to reach for yet another questionable QB. Barkley and Chubb they will regret passing on and Notre Dame monster blocker Quenton Nelson. Browns draft another QB, what else is new. Same old Browns.

So Steelers and Ravens didn't need much but had good drafts. Bengal did need help, but went out and got it. Those 3 teams did good. Bengals won 7, Browns didn't win a game. Browns needed plenty, but I say they blew the draft picks. They even blew AJ McCarron trade by celebrating and forgetting to turn trade in before deadline. I see why they have won only 1 game in 2 years and pretty much last place since real Browns moved to Baltimore.

I'll give Steelers, Ravens, Bengals a B grade. You learn in business not to hand our A's. I'll be nice and give Browns a C, but for the picks they had this 0-16 team needed an A. They had the picks to get an A. I give them a C, which might get them 4 wins. 4 wins in one season is great considering they are now on pace to take 8 seasons to win 4 games, one win every 2 years.

So Steelers and Ravens remain at top, but Bengals set to climb up from 7 wins into a winning season to challenge. 0-16 Browns and 1-31 under Hue and losing too many key players like LT- Joe Thomas. The only good news is you can't be worse than 0-16. Are they contenders ? Heck No, with heck being the nicer word to use. So Steelers, Ravens with Bengals knocking on the door and Browns the door mat at the door you wipe your feet on.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grading Draft By AFC North Teams. - kevin - 04-29-2018, 05:42 AM