Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is EXACTLY what I want to hear.....
(04-30-2018, 08:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: False.  Just another hayer myth.  Bengals are actually one of the better teams at finding players in the 4th round or later (Atkins, Boling, Iloka, Jones, Lawson)

Since 2010 there have only been 60 players drafted in the 4th round or later who have accumulated at least 50 starts.  That works out to fewer than 2 per team on average.  The Bengals have FIVE of those players.  

we sure have missed out on several first round and second round picks during the same time frame.

However, I think they did a great job in this draft not just taking "the best player available" but also taking the best player based upon need.

I think everyone drafted in fifth round and higher will make the team this year. That means at least 9 new players counting Glenn and the LB from the Bills.

Price,Bates and the LB from Texas will be great additions in areas where we were sorely lacking the last few years.

I think the two fifth round CBs could become very good players

The question for the draft is not the resume of the players drafted but how the players drafted will improve the team. Based upon that standard I think the Bengals deserve an "A" this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is EXACTLY what I want to hear..... - bengals67 - 04-30-2018, 10:08 AM