Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio on Pollack (with commentary)
(05-05-2018, 02:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I guess I sort of agree.  I think a lack of discipline on that team really hampers them at critical times, just as it does the Bengals.  Their critical moments tend to be games vs the Pats, ours tend to be first round playoff tilts.  The Jacksonville game in Pittsburgh this year was an unacceptable example of players running wild and having zero mental preparation for an opponent that was a lot more serious than they anticiapted.  I thought it was absolutely hilarious to see them act like a team that beat their brains out during the regular season was just going to come in and lay down for the mighty Steelers.

I also think that they are a really talented team that just happens to have the misfortune of playing at a high level at a time when Brady and Bellichick are still running the conference.  At the end of the day, if you can't overcome that hurdle, you're going home sooner or later.

The whole Bengals-Steelers bloodbath series of the last few seasons is largely a result of two coaches that lack control of players.  They fail every single time to get their guys to focus on the game and avoid the extracurricular violence.  The game becomes almost secondary to grudges and payback.  

Bengals and steeler bloodbaths are as much a reason each team loses in the playoffs as anything.

Both of those games should be earlier in the season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio on Pollack (with commentary) - StLucieBengal - 05-05-2018, 06:27 PM