Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
This article on Cincy Jungle seems to indicate the Bengals should have traded up past DET to get Ragnow if he really was their guy, but teams knew they likely wouldn't.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/3/17311958/nfl-execs-insiders-critical-bengals-drafting-billy-price-round-1

If Ragnow was really the target for the Bengals at 21 (which most believe), should the Bengals have considered giving up a pick (or picks) to move ahead of DET? It likely would have only cost a 4th rounder to trade up to 19/20.

I personally vote yes, especially when the 4th rounder resulted in "just" another RB.

EDIT - I think I accidentally misled people that the topic is on Ragnow vs (Price + Walton) when really it should be focused on Bengals draft philosophy of should they trade up a couple spots to get their guy vs waiting, which they seemed to do this draft and also two years ago when all the WRs went off the board ahead of them. Sometimes using specific players rather than a general statement causes people to focus on the individual players mentioned. My apologies if it was written poorly to convey the wrong message.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - ochocincos - 05-03-2018, 10:31 AM