Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin dishes on trades made and missed in NFL draft
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/05/06/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-draft-trades-prospects-picks-moves-fifty-west-podcast-explainer-chiefs-bills/581400002/

Very interesting read getting insights from Duke. I think hearing that Jefferson was their third rated linebacker beyond Smith and Evans is really interesting to me. His comp has been Jordan Hicks for a while, and if we get Jordan Hicks play from him it's a steal.

This was something I was happy to hear as well...

On who he would characterize as the biggest steal in this draft for them:

"The guy we had the highest opinion on compared to where we took him since he’s the last pick, I’m going to say Auden Tate. Because he’s got the most chance to have the most differential.”

I actually think Tate could make this team and contribute this year. He had bad QB play at FSU this year but when you watch him in some of FSU's biggest games he came up big. I think people worry to much about the speed as he is a contested catch WR and speed isn't all that big a deal (think Kelvin Benjamin). He will use his big frame to block CB's out and his jumping ability to go up, he can make a killing as a slant/jump ball WR in the red zone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Duke Tobin dishes on trades made and missed in NFL draft - Au165 - 05-07-2018, 08:50 AM