Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason week 2) ***Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers*** (Game Day Thread)
(08-23-2015, 03:01 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: This would be incorrect.

This game serves as the dress rehearsal due to the way the pre-season schedule falls this year. This is the only week where they have the chance to go through a normal week of game planning and practice like they would during the regular season, so they are treating this game like they normally would the week 3 pre-season game.

Per Lapham.

Lapham should know...still, I don't know why they would use Dalton all 1st half in anything but preseason game 3, short week or not. ....I hope Dalton plays a little and gets out, so Bengals can get reps to the back-up QBs. ....Plus, I don't know how they reverse it and stretch Dalton out now and then shut him down for 2 games until regular season. He could get rusty. ....Short week or not, I would hope they would go as normal in preseason game 3. .....You would think that they need to start finding out who to keep and who to cut.  The one preseason game was not enough time for that. .....I also don't see how playing the bench players after a short week in preseason game 3 is a better move, with them going against teams 1st strings. ...Sounds to me like they could be worrying way to much about playing on Monday instead of Saturday. ....We agree they normally stretch it out in preseason game 3, and changing that could have downsides. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are You Looking For In Preseason Game 2, besides no injuries ??? - kevin - 08-23-2015, 06:35 PM