Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green to Ross: "Just stop thinking"
(05-16-2018, 02:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think what they mean is he is overthinking things instead of just letting the game come to him naturally and flowing smoothly.  It has to become second nature instead of thinking too much about it.  It will come in reps and gaining confidence from them as he builds his rapport with Dalton and the rest of the offense.  Last season was a train wreck.

This has me thinking of when Chad went to New England and just not being able to consistently grasp what he should do on a given play or situation. Chad apparently free lanced a lot when with the Bengals which upset Palmer but Palmer adapted knowing Chad could get open even when not exactly where he was supposed to be on a route. Chad never fully grasped the nuances of his role in the Patriots offense.

Hopefully Ross can get up to speed mentally and this upcoming season should be telling. My concern is that he may work real hard at it but just not get there. Then get relegated to a role that is simpler for him to remember and perform. He could still make an impact in a simpler role though. I am about 40% confident he totally gets there plus can stay consistently healthy but hoping for the best.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green to Ross: "Just stop thinking" - depthchart - 05-16-2018, 06:25 PM