Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 UFAs with best chance to make roster
(05-16-2018, 03:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think the idea of Flowers making the roster is so far fetched.  You say he's never played HB, but he ran for 3,566 yds in his college career.  I'm sure that he's quite comfortable with contact, as well as carrying the ball.  You say that he's never pass blocked before.  While that is true, as a QB it was his duty to know the role of every player on every play he ever ran.  I don't see it nearly being as tough of a transition as you make it out to be.

Yes, I know that Mark Walton has plenty of upside.  But, I also know how Marvin feels about fumbles..  1 fumble for every 90 touches isn't that good of a ratio.  All it will take is a couple of miscues in preseason, and Walton could easily end up at the bottom of Marvin's depth chart.

Running as a QB isn't running as a HB, one is downhill with stacked boxes the other is broken plays with defenders backs to you or read options where you only run by design against a mismatch. It is kind of laughable you'd even compare their rushing statistics because they just aren't an apple to apples comparison, in fact if they were many more QB's with much better rushing stats than Flowers would have wound up as NFL HB's. As for pass protection, knowing what to do and being able to do it are two completely different things. He has never had to swivel his head and come across the formation and stone wall a blitzing LB, your just assuming he can do it and the reality is many HB's can't. 

0 fumbles in his last 274 carries, seems that issue got corrected.

He may make it but I think he will be a PS player that could sneak on the team with an injury or two.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 UFAs with best chance to make roster - Au165 - 05-16-2018, 04:57 PM