Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi and Bodine must have been the Zen Masters of Ketchup...
(05-19-2018, 10:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, the only thing around here that's jumped the shark, is your love for Paul Alexander.  While most fans are overjoyed that the team the team parted ways with a man who's time had surely passed, you continue to gush about how great he is.

Actually I have said several times that when the O-line fails like ours just did the O-line coach has to take a hit.  I can not complainj about the Bengals firing Alexander.

All I am doing is pointing out how ridiculous some of these "extremists" arguments are.

Have you ever heard of a coach saying "I don't want good players because I want to show everyone what a great coach I am with nothing but scrubs."  I have been a sports fan a long time and I have never heard anything like that from any coach ever.  Have you?  All I have ever seen is all of them do everything they can to get the best players possible.

Its like people are not satisfied with a guy just being a bad coach (or player).  Instead they have to make it personal.  They have to demonize him and make him a bad or weak person.  

Paul Alexander was a highly regarded coach for years.  He had his two best players signed away by other teams and the guys he picked to replace them did not work out.  He has been hired away by another team.  I find it funny thaqt the same guys who always complain that the bengals were doing something "no other team in the league would do" suddenly change their story when these other teams in the league do exactly what the Bengasl did.  Then those "other teams" are suddenly dumber than the Bengals.

Paul Alexander is not the monster that some of you claim.  There is no evidence that his massive ego caused trouble with the coaching staff.  Theere is no evidence that he demanded the assistant head coach designation to feed his massive ego.  There is no evidence that he did not want high draft picks to work with because of his massive ego.  The hate has jumped the shark.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi and Bodine must have been the Zen Masters of Ketchup... - fredtoast - 05-19-2018, 11:41 AM