Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just realized what might be holding this franchise back..im
(05-17-2018, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The draft is what it is, a crapshoot.  Some years, you might get lucky and hit well on a handful of picks that pan out to be starters.  Other years, you might get lucky to have a player or two on the roster, 5 years down the road.  

The important thing to remember is that the draft is only one part of building a team.  Free Agency, Trades, and UDFA signings all come into play to complete the equation.  

FWIW, this is the first time in a long time that I actually feel like the Bengals did a good job utilizing ALL of the tools available in order to improve the roster stock.

I get the feeling, but the moves they made recently are voids left over from their mistakes. I know we can't keep every player and it's better than it used to be when players couldn't wait to get outa town. letting Whit go was a mistake that we hope is fixed with Glenn. Zeitler I won't use cause he was wanting too much but I would rather have him than Swagger. Nelson was a loss we yet to fill, Mo and M.Jones are still hurting us till one of these young WR's steps up. We are getting deep at a few positions and it's nice to see that we are trying to fix some of the problems by means other than just the draft. But these young players do need to step it up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just realized what might be holding this franchise back..im - TKUHL - 05-18-2018, 12:02 AM