Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin!
(06-04-2018, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t understand not wanting Marvin in the FO? The difference between this franchise before and after his arrival can’t be overlooked. The guy knows football. I just don’t think he has whatever it is that makes a great game day coach. Whether it’s preparation, in game decisions, not having enough control of his players, or any other number of things. He could be an asset in evaluating talent though. He doesn’t have to necessarily be the GM, just another voice to help Tobin.

I agree that this franchise has come a long way with Marvin, but who's to say that he would even be a fraction as good at evaluating talent as someone that's a professional at doing it?

I also don't know that he has developed his mind enough to evaluate talent in the modern age of college football or what's needed to be a quality NFL player.  

I also think he was becoming burnt-out prior to this season, but I think the new coaches and apparent change in culture has him rejuvenated.  

Maybe he would be a good evaluator of talent for draft picks, but I think maybe only for defense, and also consider how many busts we've had under Marvin, which it's not as many as before he was here, but that's not setting the bar very high.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin! - BFritz21 - 06-05-2018, 12:09 AM