Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin!
(06-06-2018, 03:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, although I AM anxious to see what Merv can get done without a meddling "assistant HC" on the sidelines.....

I'm with ya there 100%. Other than ol' Merv, that's one of the only coaches that's been along for the whole ride.

(06-06-2018, 03:32 PM)3wt Wrote: No offense taken Shake, and I get it, it's a long time between drinks of water with a lot of frustrating crunch time losses. 

I really don't know if Marvin shook himself out of the grasp of restrictions and had more going on than we knew.  But if he did it did not have to do with his philosophy of how you win on game day.  So I'm with you on that.

I have always thought Marvin's strength was putting the right people together, as well as helping talented players to get out of their own way.   Hopefully that will be enough this year.   I'm counting on the fact that he has put the right group together.

There's a reason all the talking heads have written us off.    But I have this feeling that we should not sleep on the Bengals this year.   I think he gets us to the playoffs again.

What happens then?   Let's hope his team pulls us through and he stays out of his own way. :andy:

Part of the reason it's so frustrating is that I have no big problems with Marv outside of that. I think his level of regular season success has been acceptable at least. He'd probably be considered a hero to Bengals fans everywhere, if he just had a few playoff wins on the resume. A deep playoff run or two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin! - Shake n Blake - 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM