Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Off Season Recap as of June 5th
(06-06-2018, 06:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although it was certainly listed under offseason changes here, the massive overhaul to the offensive line and the blocking scheme (and coach) is the single greatest change this team made for some time.

Lazor looked at what wasn't working and who wasn't working and came up with a plan.  An injury at the end of the season to Ced forced Boling outside and gave Westerman and Redmond some much-needed evaluation time.  Both looked to be significant upgrades over Hopkins, at the very least.  I am thrilled we have both of them to compete for the RG position this year, as it not only will improve both of them, but covers the team better in the event of an injury.  

Billy Price is a massive upgrade over Bodine.  He is not only arguably the best at his position coming out of college, but he was a true leader at OSU and that is something this team has needed since Whit headed to the West Coast.  

Cordy Glenn is a proven veteran that is another massive upgrade over his predecessor, Ced.  

Boling really proved his versatility by starting and playing very well at LT last year.  A small part of me wonders if the team wouldn't be better served with Boling at RT and Westerman at LG, with Redmond at RG.  If nothing else, Boling gives the team some flexibility in the event of an injury.  

RT I am less enthused about, as it seems like they are throwing a lot of bodies against the wall and hoping one sticks.  My guess of what is competing there is that Fisher will win the job and, hopefully, can be a solid contributor with a clean bill of health.  

The mere adaptation of a different scheme had 100 yard rushing days for both Mixon and Gio down the stretch last year.  With better talent and a more aggressive scheme, I think there could be substantial improvements in the rushing attack.  

Which leads me to the final and most important point:  Andy Dalton.  He has never really had a great rushing attack here, and he has proven time and time again that when he is given time, he can pick teams apart.  A healthy Eifert and Ross could be huge upgrades, but more than anything the Bengals have taken the steps to address a horrible offensive line and I can't wait to see the dividends.

Good post
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Off Season Recap as of June 5th - masonbengals fan - 06-11-2018, 12:19 PM