Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schefter: CB Sam Beal is petitioning the NCAA to become eligible for NFL's supp draft
The blog below is from an Eagles site, but I think this may be the mindset of most teams as a bare minimum bid for each of these three. I think teams will put in a 3rd rd bid for him especially if they have a need post draft, 2nd round is a pretty rich investment and you'd have to have scouted him in depth with high marks.

My money is on Cincy trusting their judgement of their 5th round investments battling out Russell for the last few corner spots. They know Phillips is a heck of a playmaker in the slot, and that a constant pass rush with their rotation may lead to even more opportunities. They took Harris to be a ST guy early and develop him as an outside guy that can still defend the run. I just don't see them making a bid on Beal as opposed to the bids he will get.

I think it's more likely they throw a low investment at one of the other two, and it would really come down to how Austin wants to use the DB's this year rather than just raw talent. If they're sincere about using more 3 safety looks, then my money is on them using that 7th round bid on Brandon Bryant if anyone. Iloka, Bates, Williams and Fejedelem give them enough depth there on Sundays, and Bryant can either be developed as an inactive for the SS/NLB spot to eventually push for PT or be put on the PS. A mid 7th isn't a big investment in case someone snatches him off of the PS. I think they'd be too paranoid that this could happen with Alexander, Harris or Phillips, even knowing you'll have comp picks next year to work with.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/6/11/17449902/nfl-supplemental-draft-2018-eagles-philadelphia-sam-beal-adonis-alexander-brandon-bryant-cornerback
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schefter: CB Sam Beal is petitioning the NCAA to become eligible for NFL's supp draft - phil413 - 06-13-2018, 09:37 AM