Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB coach Van Pelt making Dalton practise throwing under pressure
(06-08-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game.  Van Pelt does not deserve all the credit for what he accomplishes.

But anything to help a QB perform better under pressure is good.  To me it seems like the most important part of dealing with pressure is mental.  Knowing when to stay in the pocket and when to give up and scramble.  Being able to concentrate on the receivers and defenders downfield instead of the guys in your face.  Knowing when to force a pass and when to throw it away.  But Van Pelt seems to be talking also about mechanics and techniques for throwing on the run.

We all know Rodgers is great, maybe the greatest.

I agree that Van Pelt shouldn't get as much credit for him. But he has coached Josh Freeman in his only good year
and another guy who i cannot remember in his best year. Good coaches coach up poor players, Dalton as you and I
know is not a poor player. I think Van Pelt will do a much better job here than your guy Zampese did with Dalton.

Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB coach Van Pelt making Dalton practise throwing under pressure - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2018, 12:21 AM