Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher Cleared To Practice After Heart Surgery!
Fisher had heart surgery for that irregular heartbeat, but was cleared to return to practice fully.

He said that, even when he couldn't do physical drills, he was still always mentally trying to improve and get all of Pollack's schemes and things down, as well as doing individual drills, which is awesome because he seems to be buying into the new regime and mentality that we seem to have here, which is getting better, being the best player you can be, and winning:

Quote:He came into minicamp without too many expectations and it is going about as well as he can hope.

"I was a little rusty, but I knew that's how it was going to be," Fisher said. "I hadn't played football since last November, so there's going to be rust. You've just got to take it [for] what it is, understand what you're doing wrong and fix it and get out there the next day and do it again."

Fisher, who remains the leading candidate to start at right tackle, didn't enjoy sitting out through portions of OTAs, but he tried not to worry about when he would be cleared for full participation, he said.

He used the time on the sideline to prepare mentally, as the Bengals are installing a new offense in Bill Lazor's first full season as offensive coordinator. The offensive line has gone through changes as well under new position coach Frank Pollack, and Fisher had some time to help bring rookie center Billy Price -- recovering from pectoral surgery after the NFL combine -- along as the two sat out of drills together.

Hopefully he can become even better under Pollack and live up to his second round draft status and be a force!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jake Fisher Cleared To Practice After Heart Surgery! - BFritz21 - 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM