Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who makes the single greatest impact on this year's team?
It can be an offensive player, defensive player, special teamer, or coach.

If there is one person you would rate as the biggest improvement who you believe will have the greatest overall impact on the 2018-19 Bengals, which player or coach would that be and why?

I am going to go with Billy Price. Yes, he is unproven. A center? Really, X? Yes. Here's why: When I would isolate everyone on when plays broke down, time and time again I came back to the same issue: the center in my QB's lap. No pocket. No place to step in to and no clear throwing lanes. I hate to just pile on Bodine, as maybe some of his issues were the scheme run by Alexander, but he was just flat out terrible in pass-blocking situations. His run-blocking was ok, but he would whiff from time to time and lead to a huge loss on a play.

Billy Price is meant to be a center. His bowling ball (not just because he is bald) body with massive legs and core strength are an ideal fit for the position. Plus, he has what I like to call a serious case of the red-ass. Not the post-Skyline where you went overboard on the hot sauce, but that hostile in the field of battle, tough as nails, leader that we have lacked since Whit.

I am confident he will be 100% healthy, and will probably have a bit of a chip on his shoulder not being the first center taken. (Whatever it takes, right? I mean, I can see him thinking: Ragnow? Did they ever win any games?) Regardless of where his motivation comes from, I love this kid. He is exactly what we needed and I can't wait to see him.

I might be the only one that selects a center, a rookie at that, as the greatest impact on the entire team in 2018-19, but that is my selection.

Honorable mentions to Jordan Willis, Bill Lazor, Gio Bernard (I just have a feeling this is his year), and WJIII.

That is mine, what is yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who makes the single greatest impact on this year's team? - SHRacerX - 06-15-2018, 07:42 AM