Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
(06-28-2018, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He reminds me of a cross between Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Thor, and Jesus.

Lol, i said it was crazy high praise, just saying who our RB's remind me of style wise.

Gio has great burst like Sproles and is very low to the ground, also has a great spin move similar to Barry and can
be really slippery. We haven't seen all Gio has. Mixon runs upright and physical with great speed and vision similar
to both AP and Dickerson.

Not saying either of these guys are those guys, just who they remind me of with their style in the run game.

Both are great pass catchers too.

(06-28-2018, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: some of the posts ive say things "I wasnt impressed last year with him...he caught from behind etc etc..."
let me tell.you why i have optimism for Joe Mixon in 2018.
he will be running behind a oline that was coached by man.who.coached a oline that is now one of the NFLs elite.
Joe Mixon too many times last year had to make a DT miss just so he could get back to the LOS.
there isnt no current NFL RB that could have prospered with Russell Bodine at C and revolving door at LT.
he has a road grader at LT. Billy Price wont be shoved in Mixons lap.every 6th carry.
Mixon best days are ahead of him.
think of him as the opposite of Jeremy Hill.
Hill came out the gate on fire. lit up Denver on MNF.
now he's the 4th RB in New England
i betcha Mixon racks up more yards than Hill this season.
Mixon got better as the season went on.
hes a bell cow. not a rotational RB. Mixon doesnt wear out.his 4th q. burst is the same as his 1st q. burst.

Yep, cannot judge Mixon from last year, no RB would of thrived behind that Line.

It was worse then the Lions Line when Barry Sanders was around.

(06-29-2018, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio averaged 4.7 ypc in 2015, which was the most balanced offense we have had in his career, along with the best offensive line.  If Mixon averages anywhere near that and Gio can duplicate that number, they will be the best duo in football...especially when you take in to account their ability as receivers.  I sincerely hope they are much more involved in the passing game in 2018.

For sure, they are both so versatile, really think it has always hampered us forever not having versatile RB's,
especially a versatile Bellcow like Mixon which we have never had. Our Bellcows have always been pretty much
just runners and the Defense knew what was coming.

Much less predictable with Mixon and Gio.

(06-29-2018, 08:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That has a nice ring to it.  If the two of them play to their potential, Dalton should be able to light it up.

A good running game is a QB's best friend. Defense loves it as well, keeps them fresh and tires out the opposing D.

(06-29-2018, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Synergy.  It all starts to roll when all the pieces are working together.  The rushing attack slows the pass rush.  The defense improves when they aren't on the field as long.  Brad just made a nice post called "four things" and I agree completely.  The changes made on the coaching staff, the line, the weapons healthy, and the running game are all pointing up!

Hard not to get excited if it all comes together and the Line and Backs start to gel and get a rhythm. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-29-2018, 01:18 PM