Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Jones Are Across The Street!
(06-28-2018, 07:16 PM)McC Wrote: A couple years go, I did some Uber driving.  Was downtown, had two twenty somethings in the car.  Was a Saturday afternoon in the early fall.  Came up from Second Street on Vine, turned on 4th St, stopped at a light.  Who walks toward us but Homer Bailey.  I say, Hey, that's Homer Bailey.   Both these guys are huge Reds fans.  They both freak out.  We were a couple blocks from their destination.  I say, get out here, go talk to him, say hello, shake his hand, whatnot.

They're both too scared.  I pull over right next to Homer, get out, Hey, Homer, how's it going.  He comes toward me, hand out, Doing pretty good, how bout you? 

We shake hands, I tell him about the weinies in my car, want to say hello, too shy to do so.  Homer walks over to the car, they lower the window, he leans in, shakes their hands, chats them up for a couple minutes, sign several things for both of them.  These dudes were in seventh heaven.  Homer could not have been more of a gentleman. 

The whole thing takes about five minutes, we get back in the car, I take them the rest of the way, they thank me the whole way there, tip me fifty bucks.

As cool as the fifty bucks is as a tip (and the fact that someone actually paid extra for great service), I absolutely love when I hear about big-time athletes that do the little things that makes a fan's day.  Thanks for sharing.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict and Jones Are Across The Street! - SHRacerX - 06-29-2018, 08:33 AM