Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict and Jones Are Across The Street!
(06-29-2018, 01:05 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: That was similar to what happened to me during the All-Star Weekend in Cincinnati a few years ago. It was the Sunday after the game and my friend (Die-hard Yankee fan) and I were walking past the stadium and Eric Davis is there taking a picture with two people. When I was in High School, Eric Davis was my favorite baseball player. Had an authentic jersey and everything. I started to stutter and act like a 12-year old girl meeting Justin Beiber. My friend makes me go over to get a picture with him but at first, I was like "He was my idol for years, what if he's a jerk? I would be devastated!". I was about to walk away and my friend just steered me over and talked me into getting a picture with Davis. He was one of the nicest guys you could meet. I talked to him (rather, babbled) for about a minute, thanked him for his contributions to the Reds and left. I was glad my friend talked me into doing it. I seriously wasn't going to. Still have the picture. 

Now, if I ever get a chance to meet James Brooks, I would run away and shit myself. He's my all-time favorite professional athlete to this day. 

Lucky.....Eric the Red was my favorite too.  I have all of his baseball cards from his rookie through his last year in Cincy by every manufacturer.....had posters, wore 44 in baseball.  Loved me some E.D.

(06-29-2018, 06:49 PM)3wt Wrote: I feel the same way about Boomer.  Never met him, but would love to.

Back in the 80s my roommate was working in a bar in Mt. Adams.   He saw Boomer and went up and asked for an autograph for me.  He told Boomer, "My roommate is a die hard Bengals fan."  "He even went to replacement games"  

Boomer signed the scrap of paper my roommate gave him, "Westy, you went to replacement games?  How could you?? - Boomer #7"

I was so glad I was not there.   And somehow in the multiple moves since then I lost the autograph.

He still is my favorite Bengal ever. 

I met Chris Sabo at Hofbrau one evening.  I chatted him up a bit, told him I was a fan while he was in a Reds uni and how the 90 team was such a great memory.  Then we BS'd about beers for a bit until I left the bar for our seats.  He was a nice dude, and I never bothered him for his autograph or a photo....he seemed to really appreciate that.  He opened up quite a bit when that wasn't the second or even third thing out of my mouth.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict and Jones Are Across The Street! - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-02-2018, 12:43 PM