Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Von Rolland-Jones: Undrafted Rookie FA!
CincyJungle has an article about Rolland-Jones, who is an undrafted defensive end out of Arkansas State.

They have some videos on him on that page and he looks to have great speed, nice moves, and some sneaky power that could make him a nice situational pass rusher on obvious passing downs. He didn't play the best competition, so I'm not voting him for the Pro Bowl right now or even saying that he'll for sure make the team, but I do like what I see in his highlights.

In 2016, he did have 13.5 sacks, which was the most in Sun Belt history.

At 6’2” 253, they might want him to put on some weight, but hopefully it's just in muscle and not too much because speed and agility are his biggest assets.

He does need to learn to get off blocks and get to the quarterback if his initial move doesn't get past blockers or lets them get their hands on him, which Jacob Burney should be able to coach him to improve because he has been one of our only consistently good coaches.

Like I said, I'm not inducting him into the Hall of Fame or anything, but I think he could make some noise and grab a few sacks if he can make the team!

It's fun to get excited over possibilities in the offseason!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ja'Von Rolland-Jones: Undrafted Rookie FA! - BFritz21 - 06-30-2018, 05:56 PM