Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery
(07-03-2018, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be fair you have to also list his strengths.

I have seen Fisher finish blocks with a nasty streak, granted it was before the heart problem.

I am not willing to give up on him yet.

Agreed, Sam Hubbard beat Quinton Nelson badly a few times who was the #1 Guard in this past Draft too.

O-lineman get beat from time to time, even the best. Fisher is versatile and has good feet. I could see Pollack getting
something out of him as long as the heart thing is over with.

Yep.

From the same draft profile that was referred to, here is more...
Quote:"Fisher is probably the most accomplished zone tackle in this draft. He fits the zone scheme of the Cincinnati Bengals. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander is really going to like him. He finishes plays; playing through the whistle." -- Mike Mayock

Former tight end who moves easily and naturally. Good initial quickness to reach cross-face blocks. Finisher in zone game. Can sustain blocks with proper hip roll and balance through contact. Keeps base wide and uses choppy, controlled steps in pass sets. Mirrors well and has feet to shut down stunts inside. Well-timed and effortless transition from initial block to second-level assignment. Adjusts with good change of direction. Fights back with resolution after losing a rep to defender. Understands how to create leverage advantages with angles and footwork.

Does the bolded not go hand-in-hand with being a nasty, gritty player or have I always misunderstood what a nasty streak is?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery - ochocincos - 07-03-2018, 02:18 PM