Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster?
(07-03-2018, 02:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, he can and probably will. I think his injury concerns over his shoulder pushed him down further than he should have been. His speed is a bit of a red herring in that he isn't running away from anyone but that has never game been his game anyways. Go flip on his game against Minkah Fitzpatrick and watch him use his body control and catch radius to make him look silly.

I mean I don't think Anquan Boldin ran much better than a 4.7 for at least much of his career, and he was a stud.  And not just in the red zone. 

The article mentions that Tate gets separation:

“He can separate,” said wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell. “He’s not the fastest guy in the world and I’m not going to say that he is, but he moves well and he’s got really good quickness at the top of the break."  

To me this opens his usefulness anywhere on the field, especially in 3rd down situations.  And if he can block, with that size, he could be a real stud.

This is a real big guy, who appears to have ice water running in his veins.  I'm pretty pumped about him :andy:

He's one of the guys that makes me feel like we had an excellent draft and quality group of UDFAs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster? - 3wt - 07-03-2018, 02:38 PM