Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you trade by the deadline?
(07-08-2018, 01:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Harvey needs to go, basically regardless of what we can get for him.

Don't Cozart him. We need to flip him into prospects. It doesn't matter what you get for him. Paying him for the remainder of the year, even if he pitches well, is completely pointless since there's less than a 5% chance we re-sign him (nor should we, really.)

Iglesias and Gennett I'd love to see traded but only if the return involved premium prospects. Both are under team control hfor a few more years, have team friendly contracts and, most importantly, are on fire this season. If you want premium returns for a closer (a relatively low value position for any team other than World Series Contenders) or a 2nd baseman who is standing in the way of multiple top prospects (who's pretty awful fielding the position anyway), then you need to strike when the iron's hot.

If we could turn them into a potent outfield bat or high upside rotation piece near the majors, then I'd call that a win.

So, are you of a mind that they should absolutely make those moves?  Or, more in a "if they're going to sell", they should move these guys type of mindset?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you trade by the deadline? - SunsetBengal - 07-08-2018, 07:36 PM