Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you trade by the deadline?
Part of having a great trade means that someone else has to A. Want who you want to trade and B. Have someone better in return. Otherwise you're just trading flesh for flesh.
It seems like every other fan thinks any team should be  able to trade away anyone at any time and get the moon, stars and the sun in return. Right now Scooter has 1 thing to offer in a potential trade, batting average (and some power), but he's not so hot defensively. 
Think about how another team might view obtaining Scooter in a trade. He's lousy defensively and has a sore shoulder. What's a .325 batting average with a sore shoulder and lousy defense worth to you if you have to give up a solid starting pitcher?  Not much I would think .  Bottom line is just because you want to make a trade doesn't necessarily mean you can or even should. Trades don't happen in a vacuum. I'd like to trade my old truck for a brand new Ferrari..  Dammit! What's wrong with all the Ferrari dealers?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you trade by the deadline? - grampahol - 07-19-2018, 10:09 AM