Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Seen This TJ interview?
(07-10-2018, 07:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: TJs stories are a bit, just a bit, embellished. Maybe not on purpose, it was a long time ago. About the jock straps; they weren't used. They would just wash them and throw them all in one bin. They didn't do personal laundry for the players so when the jock straps were washed, they would throw them all in one bin and the players would wade through them all and, hopefully, find the one they'd used before. 

The story about towels is true. He would buy the cheapest regular sized towels they could find and they just weren't big enough for most of the guys so a couple guys on the team (mentioned in the article) went out and bought some big towels for their teammates.

You've already heard the story about the gatorade from JJoe. 
Why wouldn't they put their names or initials on the jock straps.  Problem solved. 

Like I keep saying, TJ can't handle not being in the spotlight so he gossips like a 13 year old girl.
(07-11-2018, 12:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's not as if most football players are paid like a janitor at Wendys..  The way I see it, if you're making over a million bucks a year and you can't buy your own jock strap then you probably weren't paying one bit of attention during those college math classes.. You earn a couple of million bucks a season you really ought to be investing in the tools of your trade. A jock strap qualifies as one of the tools..  in fact would you trust anyone else to even touch your jock strap? 
I bought all of my own tools and was never paid anywhere even remotely close to an nfl salary..  The team shouldn't have to buy your freaking jock strap for you. 

I agree that they're not paid like janitors and should be able to afford things, but let's not forget that they're taxed at 40 or 50%, so why it's hard to feel bad for them, a player with a million dollar contract isn't taking home a million after taxes, his agent's cut, and then I'm sure there's other league fees or player's organization fees.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - 3wt - 07-10-2018, 05:30 PM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - BFritz21 - 07-11-2018, 03:00 AM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - jj22 - 07-12-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: Anybody Seen This TJ interview? - J24 - 07-12-2018, 10:51 PM